powered by Betfy.co.uk
As the above graphic shows, (click to see a full representation across 47 sites), the internet continues to rapidly expand with each passing second. Here’s 10 stats from vpnMentor that speak to that growth:
- According to Internet World Stats, there are 3.7 billion Internet users. Of those, about half are from Asia.
- There are 966 million websites on internet.
- The country that has the highest penetration for smartphone usage is The United Arab Emirates, with 91 percent of the population accessing the internet from a phone or tablet.
- Mobile social media users is the fastest growing segment of the internet, growing by more than 280 million globally from 2015 to 2016.
- Currently, mobile users spend double the time in apps as they do on mobile web pages. In future years, this gap is expected to grow even wider.
- 55% of shoppers say customer reviews play a role into their buying decisions. Additionally, almost 40% of people in stores read online reviews before buying a product or service.
- The U.S. leads in overall e-commerce spending, with an average purchase of $1,804 per online shopper. By 2018, global retail e-commerce sales are expected to approach $2.5 trillion.
- In the U.S. the fastest growing segments of device ownership are smartphones (from 35% in 2011 to 68% in 2015) and tablets (from 3% in 2010 to 45% in 2015).
- Nearly as many people aged 16 – 24 use phones to chat as they do laptops. However, laptops still dominate streaming content.
- Google wants to be the internet’s portal, and it is well on its way. The internet giant’s flagship page nearly tripled the 2nd place website (Facebook) in terms of page visits.
Do you need a method to your marketing spending madness?
Find out why 95% of marketers say that running a multi-channel marketing campaign is important to their business with this free ebook.