A successfully executed direct mail campaign can boost your brand’s awareness, authority, and most importantly, your bottom line. The design and execution of your direct mail campaign can be a challenging and stressful venture. By creating and implementing these campaigns, we have learned the secrets to a generating a successful and profitable result. A successful direct mail campaign begins with organization and planning.
The various stages of planning, execution and analysis can be overwhelming to both newbies and old pros alike. We have created this resource to help you avoid the pitfalls and perils that have caught so many others unaware.
By organizing these 5 phases and having clear and obtainable expectations at each step, you will be on the path to a successful and profitable direct mail campaign.
1) Define Goal/Strategy – What is your goal? Who are you trying to reach and what do you want them to do? What methods will you utilize to reach your goal? What value are you bringing to your recipient? What are you trying to achieve, direct sales, sales leads, or improved customer loyalty? How will you define your ROI?
[cmsmasters_row data_classes=”bg-img-np” data_padding_bottom=”10″ data_padding_top=”10″ data_bg_color=”#cf212f” data_color=”second” data_bot_style=”default” data_top_style=”default” data_padding_right=”2″ data_padding_left=”2″ data_width=”fullwidth”][cmsmasters_column data_width=”1/4″][cmsmasters_image align=”left” animation_delay=”0″]9202|https://gonextpage.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/white-book-Guide-to-direct-mail_151.png|full[/cmsmasters_image][/cmsmasters_column][cmsmasters_column data_width=”3/4″][cmsmasters_heading type=”h1″ font_family=”Open+Sans:300,300italic,400,400italic,700,700italic” font_size=”28″ font_weight=”400″ font_style=”normal” text_align=”left” color=”#ffffff” margin_top=”0″ margin_bottom=”10″ animation_delay=”0″]Download our free ebook, “The NextPage Guide to Direct Mail Success” [/cmsmasters_heading][cmsmasters_text animation_delay=”0″]
Learn how to execute a winning strategy with Direct Mail
[cmsmasters_button button_link=”https://go.pardot.com/l/891523/2020-11-09/6j2″ button_target=”self” button_text_align=”left” button_font_weight=”normal” button_font_style=”normal” button_border_style=”solid” button_bg_color=”#3b8dc1″ button_text_color=”#ffffff” button_border_color=”#518ff5″ button_bg_color_h=”#ffffff” button_text_color_h=”#518ff5″ button_border_color_h=”#518ff5″ animation_delay=”0″]Download Now[/cmsmasters_button]
2) Budget Considerations – What are your budgetary constraints? Where do you prioritize your expenditures; lists, design, copy, printing, personalization, postage? Each of these areas will have its own cost concerns and impact on the results. Allocating your budget for each area in advance will reduce surprise expenditures and create realistic goals for ROI.
3) Define the Audience/List Source – Who is your target audience? Can you define within your target group for further personalization or segmentation? Will you be using your own list data or buying a list? Verify the list has been scrubbed and updated. Common demographic considerations:
Business to Consumer
Business to Business
It’s Consumer Market
4) Vendor Partner Sourcing – Depending on the scope and goal of your campaign, you may need to seek additional vendor partners for such tasks as mailing services, qualified list acquisition, database analysis and segmentation, and IP and email address list acquisition for reinforcement of your message.
5) Develop Brand Centric Creative – Package Design / Messaging / Graphics – Summarizing your creative goals into a creative strategy statement is an excellent starting point and will help your creative team know where they are aiming. From here you can further define the type of mailing (postcard, insert, letter) and what types of graphics and imagery will be employed. Define the goal of the copy and make sure your copywriter and designer can collaborate on a shared vision. Having clear and well-communicated branding guidelines will provide direction for the creative process and keep your effort on point.
You an find these 5 secrets, plus more helpful information in the NextPage free ebook, The NextPage Guide to Direct Mail Success.