It’s no secret that my company, Mail Print, works in the casino marketing space providing variable data printing, variable data email and PURLs. Whether you love the gaming industry or hate it, you have to admire some of the forward-thinking ways they employ direct marketing, and specifically the use of their rich customer databases to deploy personalized offers and messages.
Our casino marketing clients consistently receive 10-30% response rates on their direct mail and email programs. Here are just some of the ways they do it:
- Ongoing Segmentation/Data Analysis– that empower them to deliver relevant messages and offers.
- Personalized Messaging– that speaks specifically to the interests of each individual customers.
- Compelling Offers– tailored to the value of the recipient.
- Interactive Mail Pieces– such as pull tab and scratch off games.
- Reasons to Act– including limited time offers that always have an expiration date.
- A Focus on Loyalty/Client Retention– that is bigger than just direct marketing.
So what’s next for casino marketers? Test, test, test and test some more. You can’t get too comfortable with what is working today in casino marketing and neglect figuring out what will work in the future.
Take Aways for Non-Casino Direct Marketers:
Double-digit response rates start with a strong customer database. To emulate a successful casino marketer, gather info about your customers with each transaction or interchange, and then use it to create targeted and personalized marketing communications.
Test something new! There’s no reason a B2B or B2C marketer can’t steal a tactic from the casino marketing playbook, such as a personalized direct mail piece, pull-tab, scratch off, or Personalized URL.